Adding a welcome message to your main page
This article will guide you through the process of setting up the main page message that appears over the timeline on your Roomzilla homepage.This message is a great place to explain room policies, link to an events page, or provide a helpful email address for folks to reach out with questions.
Adding a message
As an Admin, you can add a basic welcome message via the "Page Settings" page in "General & Appearance Settings" section:
Including a link to another page
- Highlight part of your message you would like to be a link
- Click on the link icon
- You will see this dialog appear. Enter the URL you would like to link to, and click ok
- Your text will now be blue and linked
Including a link to an email
As before, highlight the part of your message you would like to be a link.
Click on the link icon
You will see the Link dialog appear. This time, click on the Link Type drop-down and switch to E-mail.
Here you can enter the To: email address and a Subject line, if you wish. These will pre-populate when the default email client is launched.
- Using italics will help your message stand out when it's displayed on the main page.
- Linking to email addresses allows you to set the subject line and automatically include contextual information in the body of the email.
- Messages are currently limited to 1000 characters.
- Let us know what you think of this new feature via firstname.lastname@example.org.